Thank you all so much for what you have so generously given. We sincerely appreciate it. There is nothing so terrifying as having your life crushed under a tyrant's boot. And unfortunately, in Michigan, that is what we are experencing. Many of you know my wife "Angel"; she sells wholesale pharma. Her industry took a hit so bad that it wiped out their sales floor by almost 80%. She and the other reps are only making 20% of what they were making just last year. My own small marketing business essentialy dropped dead when the lockdowns were declared. That's why I started Recibes. Right now I am trying to build momentum (and keep the lights on), and every little bit of your kindness helps!
Thank you again for all you have done!
It's November, and now I'm planning two Thanksgiving dinners! One for my daughter and her boyfriend, coming up from college for the day, and then again for the missus and me. Daughter and beaux are doing Thanksgiving day at his parents on the other side of the state. I think things may be getting serious...
There's been a lot of work here at Peppermill Farm. Clearing one of the fields, repairing the basement, cleaning the property, which has sat neglected for probably 30-40 years. I haven't really had time to get to cooking other than making sure dinner hits the table!
To all who have generously helped get this going -- a thousand thank yous! I haven't been on in a month, because, well, we moved! All my energy has gone into moving and getting our new home situated. We got an 1890 farmhouse on one acre of land -- Peppermill Farm. It is small, and it needs a lot of work (the land is completely overgrown) but it is ours. I have already started making videos and posting the trailers on Gab, here: https://gab.com/groups/451 and I will soon be posting full videos on GabTV and possibly BitChute (we'll see). I've decided to expand the videos to include homesteading as well, because we have such a unique opportunity here, to show the process from totally overgrown, to functioning land. I hope you all stay with us, and as always, your donations are greatly, greatly appreciated!
I want to thank every single person who has helped me out with this. I know several of you "personally", throughout the last five years, and I am truly grateful for you all. Things are very busy on this end. We are about to close on a small, modest farmhouse and an acre of land, which is going to allow me to vastly expand what I can do with my cooking, brewing, fermenting, curing, and, the new addition which started today, herbal remedies and cures!
So, thank you all once again for all of your support. There is no way I could do this without you, and for the record, it is only with your help, that we were able to make the costs, to close on the house. You did that. A thousand thanks.
I remember a lot of batters, doughs, and such with mnemonics. Useful patterns, or easily memorized short phrases.
In the case of the beer batter I made last night,
1 1/2 cup flour.
12 oz lager.
The rest is just seasoning, and that’s simple to remember. You need your fish, of course. But, for a simple beer batter, remember that little chunk right there. Commit it to memory. The rest of it will just come to you.
Now. Here’s the full recipe.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp granulated or powdered garlic
12 oz lager
Whisk your dry ingredients together first, then add your egg and beer. Allow to rest for at least ten minutes before breading your fish, to allow the flour to incorporate thoroughly. You’ll get crispier batter this way.
Makes enough for about 3lbs of fish. I personally prefer cod. This batter gives a *very nice crisp, but make sure your oil is hot enough (325-350º), and stays constant.
Fry time per piece is 4-7 minutes, depending on thickness.
Wow. Just wow. I set this up last night around 8:30pm/2030HRS EST, and by this morning, well I just cannot believe the responses. Thank each and every one of you for your generosity. I am currently editing around half a dozen videos for posting on my GabTV channel, and more recibes will be forthcoming! Thank you all, again, so much!